Istio Wasm Extensions Workshop
Learn to extend the power of Istio and Envoy from the creators of Wasm plugins for Istio. Sign up for Tetrate’s free live workshop on Wasm in Istio and Envoy. To help you take full advantage of Wasm in Istio, we’re offering a free workshop on how to create your own Wasm plugins as well as how to use off-the-shelf plugins from any OCI registry to expand the capabilities of the mesh.
To help you take full advantage of Wasm in Istio, we’re offering a free workshop on how to create
your own Wasm plugins as well as how to use off-the-shelf plugins from any OCI registry to
expand the capabilities of the mesh.
Workshop curriculum will include:
- How Istio manages plugin configuration, acquisition, and deployment
- An overview of Proxy-Wasm, the application binary interface (ABI) for Wasm plugins in Istio
- Best practices for writing plugins and plugin lifecycle management
- Hands-on labs where you’ll build and deploy your own plugin
- A chance to talk to the experts in Wasm extensions for proxies
Duration: 2 hours
- Basic understanding of Envoy and Istio
- Basic understanding of Golang
To follow along with the workshop, you’ll also need the following:
- Kubernetes cluster with Istio 1.13 (installation instructions)
- func-e CLI (installation instructions)
- Access to a Docker registry
- Introduction to Wasm
- Importance of Wasm in Envoy and Istio
- What is Proxy-Wasm and Proxy Wasm Go SDK?
- Deploying and running Wasm plugins in Istio using WasmPlugin resource
Date And Time
2022-04-20 @ 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM