Istio 0 to 60 workshop (IST)
This workshop will give you a fundamental understanding of Istio, the standard open source service mesh, and provide you with a verifiable certificate upon successful completion.
Sign up for free Istio 0 to 60 workshop
As development moves toward cloud-native application development using containerized and distributed services, it has become important for developers to understand how these services work together. One of the key tools that help developers and organizations monitor, connect, and secure their microservices without requiring changes to application code is the open-source service mesh called Istio.
Istio is the most widely adopted service mesh in production because of its capabilities and is increasingly becoming a key component of a company’s infrastructure.
Whether you’re preparing for the Certified Istio Administrator exam or you want to get a better understanding of Istio this workshop might be right for you!
Following the popular Istio Fundamentals workshop, this workshop consists of multiple modules, separated into the theoretical parts where we explain the concepts and a practical part where you can try out the features by going through the labs on a Kubernetes cluster.
Attendees will get their own Kubernetes cluster to use for the duration of the workshop.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover during this workshop:
- Overview of the Istio service mesh architecture
- Deploying Istio using IstioOperator
- Principles behind connecting and managing traffic
- Observability, failure injection, and service resiliency features
- Basics of authentication and authorization in Istio (access control, identity)
After completing this workshop, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Understand the architecture and components of Istio
- Deploy Istio on a Kubernetes cluster
- Use traffic routing, failure injection, and resiliency features
- Use Grafana, Zipkin, and Kiali for service observability
- Understand the basics of security in Istio and control access to your workloads
At the successful completion of this workshop, you’ll receive a certificate of completion.