We are looking for technical writers with an ability to write complex technical information clearly, concisely, accurately and idiomatically. Write developer guides, code samples, API references on open source projects: Envoy, Istio, OpenTracing, OpenCensus, SkyWalking. Technically versed on complex distributed system platforms/cloud technologies would be a big plus or you might have a background as a developer, and write as a hobby; or perhaps you’re an experienced communicator who enjoys digging deep into code.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of best outcome for the team.
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Understands the difference between attention to detail vs. detailed – oriented
- Values autonomy and results over process
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in modern expressions
- Successful candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in business and or technical writing, journalism setting
- Four years of relevant experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Four years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).Proficiency working with HTML, CSS & UNIX.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy.
- Experience contributing to open source projects and distributed work environment are a plus.
We are a startup based out of Silicon Valley developing and building on top of some of the biggest open source projects (Istio, Envoy, and others) that are defining the next generation of network, authorization, and security for the F500 enterprises.