Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. As we continue to scale, we are looking to hire an Technical Project Manager to complete our ‘mesh’.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple projects to make sure the proposed roadmap adheres to the timeline, budget, and scope. Your duties include planning projects in detail, setting schedules for all stakeholders, and executing each step of the project. You will be responsible for assigning tasks to the right team members, checking on their progress, and ensuring that each project is completed on time and to the highest standard. The right candidate will have strong project management skills along with demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects and have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a startup environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
- Organize and optimize project deliverables, schedules, and budgets to help keep the project team focused on the end goal
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants
- Stay aware of company goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, understand tradeoffs, and balance to meet the business needs versus technical constraints
- Identify, track, and resolve technical issues impacting simultaneous projects
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration across departments to ensure projects are completed successfully and on time
- 7-10 years of experience working directly with engineering teams, along with 5+ years of technical project management experience
- Working in distributed teams would be a big plus, Some understanding of Cloud/VM/K8 would be an added advantage but not a necessity
- Experience managing multiple projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes, and coordinating release schedules
- Experience working with proposal teams to develop cost estimates and project plans, and experience in creating presentations and reports to communicate project status
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills that includes experience in dealing with escalations, difficult conversations with stakeholders, and risk mitigation
- Must be an excellent communicator capable of managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Must have strong organizational, time management, and both verbal and written communication skills that allows you to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have song interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite for Documents,Sheets and Slides
- Proficiency in project management tools and software, including GitHub, ClickUp. Experience of agile software development methodologies, including working in projects with continuous delivery models
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.