Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables a safe and fast application modernization journey for our customers. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Join our expanding product team from anywhere around the globe. With the opportunity to work across numerous Open Source Software projects, Tetrate products and partnerships building an industry leading experience to ensure successful adoption and scale for all Tetrate customers
What You’ll Do:
As the Lead Product Designer you will combine your skills as a practicing designer and a design manager to lead our Design team.
From the beginning, you will be responsible for developing our design language, the User Experience for our flagship product, and setting the strategy for the product with leadership. Effectively collaborate in a technical enterprise product landscape with engineering to understand complex technical problems our users face and drive a vision to solve them tactically with design.
As we continue to scale, you will have the opportunity to take on a player-coach role to hire, mentor and support future design hires at Tetrate.
Skills You Have:
- 7+ years of collective experience in design; Development experience a plus
- A portfolio of work highlighting a strong multidisciplinary approach to design (beyond only visual design – research and customer data generation, workshop experience, etc)
- Comfortable being a team of one with the experience with interest to create a design practice and team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate cross-functional efforts
- Excellent communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them
- Experience designing for complex interconnected systems
- You bring empathy, efficiency, optimism, and excitement to work every day and expect others to do the same
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.