Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Currently, we are looking for an experienced marketing leader who will drive our go-to-market strategy, planning and execution, adoption and engagement, customer and market insights, and collaborate on our product strategy. This is an opportunity to build a world-class marketing team for a company of consequence. We are a globally distributed team. The position will allow you to interact with people from different cultural backgrounds. This takes a lot of empathy and entails hiring a team that is highly capable of internalizing the nuances and culture to thrive. This function will directly report to founders and work closely with sales leadership. Creating a company of consequence isn’t a trivial feat and this function is a crucial one for that. It is not an easy job, and it will take persistence to win and a high rigor for efficiency.
- Develop and lead go-to-market strategy by creating compelling marketing content to support go-to-market efforts including whitepapers, web content, blog posts, social media channels, presentations, videos, customer case studies, demos, and training materials.
- Develop market-winning differentiated narratives, product messaging and positioning with a consistent and relevant message for customers. Must be able to translate complex concepts and turn them into clear and concise messages.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key partners, like AWS, aligning on mutual goals and driving adoption through a variety of co-marketing efforts.
- Execute marketing campaigns, both digital and conventional, and develop branding, positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Acquire deep customer knowledge through market research, segmentation analysis, and customer interviews. Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes, and new products and features).
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness. Evangelize company and product with customers, industry analysts, press, and executives at various events.
- Track and report on important performance metrics (KPIs/ OKRs). Use the data to continually optimize and improve performance.
- Successful start-up experience growing companies ranging from series A to IPO. Experience with open source projects.
- Fundamentals-based problem-solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles-based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of the best outcome for the team
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Understands the difference between attention to detail vs. detailed–oriented
- Values autonomy and results over process
- Fifteen years of marketing experience preferably in a global software product company and a team that has successfully delivered results. You should demonstrate a track record of driving successful marketing strategies programs aimed to achieve incremental revenue streams
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple digital marketing campaigns with the ability to analyze and make recommendations on performance
- Significant experience with negotiation skills and ability to present to leadership
- Work experience as Head of Marketing or VP Marketing, preferably within our industry
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google Adwords
- Experience with CRM software
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Experience working with enterprise clients
- BSc or MSc in Marketing or relevant field
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.