We are looking for engineers with strong distributed systems experience to join our team. We are building a secure, robust, and highly available service mesh platform for mission critical enterprise applications spanning both legacy and modern infrastructure.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of best outcome for the team.
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Understands the difference between attention to detail vs. detailed – oriented
- Values autonomy and results over process
- Product engineering mindset – you internalize real life scenarios of your users and design for production and scale.
- “You build it, you run it” mindset. You will own the systems you design and will participate in the engineering on-call rotations.
- Experience building distributed system platforms using C++ and gRPC
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Excellent understanding of networking protocols, concepts, consistency properties of distributed systems, techniques to identify and reconcile configuration drifts
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with WebAssembly is a plus.
- Familiarity with Go, hardware/software load balancers (F5, NGINX), HSM modules, Active Directory/LDAP is a plus..
Worldwide – Remote, with access to offices in SF, Boston, Tokyo, Japan and Bandung/Tangerang, Indonesia.