Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
The Data Plane team is responsible for building a secure, robust, and highly available service mesh platform for mission-critical enterprise applications spanning both traditional and modern infrastructure. We are looking for engineers with strong distributed systems experience to join our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Product engineering mindset – you internalize real-life scenarios of your users and design for production and scale
- “You build it, you run it” mindset. You will own the systems you design and will participate in the engineering on-call rotations
- Experience building distributed system platforms using C++ and gRPC
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Excellent understanding of networking protocols, concepts, consistency properties of distributed systems, techniques to identify and reconcile configuration drifts
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus
- Familiarity with WebAssembly is a plus
- Familiarity with Go, hardware/software load balancers (F5, NGINX), HSM modules, Active Directory/LDAP is a plus
- Fundamentals-based problem-solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles-based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of the best outcome for the team
- Values autonomy and results over process
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.