Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Tetrate is searching for an experienced Director, Public Sector Sales with solid relationships within the Federal sector to drive revenue and close deals. This person will be focused on building a new business, as well as growing the Tetrate footprint with existing Public Sector customers and ensuring those customers are successfully leveraging our solutions across their organization. You will be responsible for identifying and progressing opportunities, managing the sales cycle, and negotiating successful contracts in order to commence long-term partnerships. You will have a thorough understanding of the Federal Government procurement process and contract vehicles to maximize sales opportunities in such a way that produces an immediate and consistent return. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive engagement at the C- level as well as with software developers, IT architects, and other customer executives. The Director, Public Sector Sales will serve as a trusted advisor to customers by understanding their business and advising on how Tetrate can help enable their existing and future IT roadmap.
- Current and relevant relationships within Federal and Civilian public sector organizations
- A deep understanding of Federal channels, relevant partner relationships, Federal procurement, and purchasing vehicles
- Understanding of how to build awareness and drive demand for our solutions within Public Sector accounts
- Compelling articulation of Tetrate’s offerings and competitive products, pricing, and proposal models
- Strong hunting capabilities and strategic operating skills, always on the lookout for prospective deals and new business opportunities
- Working thoughtfully with customers to identify new business opportunities, managing through the sales cycle, and closing complex transactions
- A successful track record of building relationships within Federal and Enterprise Accounts at the C-Level
- Established network of contacts in Federal agencies
- Excellent ability to identify and articulate value to customers through written and verbal communication
- Prospecting skills and experience in prioritizing potential clients
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Forecasting and financial planning and strategy skills
We are a globally distributed company that is fully remote, however, this role needs to be filled in the US