Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
We are seeking a Director of HRBP to head our global People Strategy and Operations programs. This person will build our Human Resources function from the ground up and provide strategic guidance on optimizing people, structure, operations, and culture to achieve successful business results. The ideal candidate is an experienced HR Leader with a broad understanding of all areas of HR and HR operations. They will have experience influencing leaders in a fast-paced environment and drive human resource strategies and programs in a globally-distributed environment (15+ countries!).
This role is intended for a seasoned HR Leader to build Tetrate’s HR frameworks and operationalize programs for a remote-first and globally distributed company that is doubling in growth YoY.
- Serve as a strategic HR leader who embodies Tetrate’s core values and can build a strong company culture that attracts high-quality candidates while expressing a positive public brand (personable and innovative!)
- Advise on content creation or and social media campaigns to increase search engine relevance and visibility
- Serve as a Chief Culture Officer to analyze current leadership styles in the organization and ensure all managers leadership style aligns with the company values
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop, operationalize and execute HR programs based on Tetrate’s core values
- Develop effective programs and initiatives that keep our employees closely knit in a 100% globally distributed work environment
- Embody our culture of Freedom and Responsibility by demonstrating positive behaviors and interactions and be open to invite, receive and promote constructive feedback
- Form effective relationships with various business functional leads and provide People guidance when appropriate
- Mentors, coaches, and professionally develop managers at all levels and other individual contributors in the HR function
- Lead Tetrate’s various functions to maintain a high bar for performance by reviewing trends in management of underperformance while keeping senior leadership apprised of performance management trends
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to both day-to-day management and global hiring, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
10+ years of HR leadership experience in a global organization (preferably a startup) with at least 5 years of experience as a HRBP supporting the leadership teams
5+ years of HR program implementation experience including global benefits, leveling, compensation, performance management, and employment contracts (U.S. and international)
- 1+ years of experience working in a highly-distributed global environment across multiple time zones and cultures
- Possesses fundamental knowledge on how to run and scale a business
- Comfortable using technology, especially open source technology, Google Workspace, and GitHub
- Knowledge of service mesh technologies (i.e. Istio, Envoy, Kubernetes) is a plus
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.