Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
The Customer Reliability Engineer team at Tetrate engages with engineers within a customer organization, identifies and trains a few people within the organization to be able to maintain and run Istio and our product at scale within the organization.
We are looking for CRE with a deep understanding of complex distributed system platforms/cloud technologies and ability to simply articulate it to customers and SREs within a customer organization.
What You’ll Do:
- CRE will collaborate with solution engineers to deliver successful rollout of the product on customer premise. After this rollout, CRE will share the responsibility of keeping the customer SLOs along with a customer’s trained SRE.
- Build systems and tools that straddle between ‘on-prem’ and hosted to collect and observe the system performance and health. We are building a secure, robust, and highly available service mesh platform for mission critical enterprise applications spanning both legacy and modern infrastructure, and on-prem and cloud.
Skills You Have:
- Experience within a DevOps or SRE role for high-traffic, mission critical systems.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Kubernetes systems in production
- Understanding of network topologies and concepts ( load balancing , routing etc.)
- Experience in troubleshooting Networking Connectivity issues
- Experience building tooling and automation around persistent systems issues.
- Experience coding, ideally in Go; Open to other development languages such as Java and Python.
- Experience Troubleshooting and resolving issues in a very short time window.
- Ability to work with external users/customers to help make them successful in managing the product for their end users.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of best outcome for the team.
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Values autonomy and results over process
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.