We are looking for CRE with a deep understanding of complex distributed system platforms/cloud technologies and ability to simply articulate it to customers and SREs within a customer organization. CRE engages with engineers within a customer organization, identifies and trains a few people within the organization to be able to maintain and run Istio and our product at scale within the organization. CRE will collaborate with sales engineers and solution architects to have a successful rollout of the product on customer premise. After this rollout. CRE will share the responsibility of keeping the customer SLOs along with a customer’s trained SRE. To help perform this at scale, a CRE will build system and tools that straddle between on-prem and hosted to collect and observe the system performance and health. We are building a secure, robust, and highly available service mesh platform for mission critical enterprise applications spanning both legacy and modern infrastructure, and on-prem and cloud.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of best outcome for the team.
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Understands the difference between attention to detail vs. detailed – oriented
- Values autonomy and results over process
- Experience as an SRE for high-traffic, mission critical systems.
- Experienced with building tooling and system to manage and monitor production workloads.
- Working with a team of engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a very short time window.
- Ability to work with external users/customers to help make them successful in managing the product for their end users.
We are worldwide and fully remote with access to offices in SF, Boston, Barcelona and Bandung/Tangerang.